Sign in to follow this  
J van E

Astrodave!

All of this talk of the patch nearing completion, I just had to do it. You said this:>>I still say there will be no patch. Call it a hunch based on past >>experience. >>DX10 patch is all there will be because they ARE obligated to >>release that one. A performance patch will never come and by >>performance patch I don't mean something that removes options to >>make it seem like performance has increased. A performance patch >>must be something that optimizes the code AS IS to run MUCH more >>efficiently. This will never come I'm sorry to say. If by the off >>chance they do release a patch that increases frame rates by a >>minimum of 50% where they need to be then I will eat my humble pie >>and beg forgiveness from the avsim crowd. I'm not too worried about >>that happening though based on sales figures and past experience.I will wait for the patch to be released before I ask you to beg for forgiveness.Jeff

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well he did say a minimum frame rate increase of 50%...that sounds like a tall order, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of the month.

It's a tall order indeed but... a smaller order is nice but hardly usefull. To get FS X running at a comparable fps with other new games we need an order of at least 100%! I know even 25% is a tall order, but when you've got 15 fps and you get 25%... your still stuck underneath 20 fps, which still isn't exactly er... great...I don't expect too much from SP1 when it comes to performance. I can hardly imagine they can give us a 50% performance increase, so no matter what happens, it still will be a game with hickups... (Which doesn't mean I don't or won't like FS X because I'm crazy about it, specially since I got my Track IR Pro!) But I'm also keeping my fingers crossed... Who knows Aces might really surprise us! :)EDIT:Just read this topic:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...92725&mode=fullSounds promising...!