Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cardifman

UI Music change?

HiDoes anybody know how to change the music in the FSX user interface. I think I remember someone from ACES (tdragger maybe?) said this was possible when the demo first came out. I found the files loacated in Sound/UIMusic. They are listed from FSX01 - FSX08. I would like to change the music to something else but I cant find where it references the music files in the CFG. I tried changing my WAVE file to FSX01 which is the default piece of music for the UI but it would not play. Tried a lower bit rate, because they were all 705kb/s and mine was 1400ish but still no luck. Does anybody have any ideas? CheersRhydianwww.cessnasim.blogspot.com

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Er... how about on the soundoptions screen...? You can disable or enable the music there, and underneath that tickbox is a popupmenu which has FSX01 as default. Couldn't be more simple. And logic. ;)I turned the music off btw a week or two ago. That's when I noticed that menu with FSX01: didn't know you had a choice until then! ;)

Hi I didn't realise that option existed either! Unfortunately, I just tried it and that hasn't made any difference. My WAVE file is listed there. I selected it, re-started FSX to see if it changes the music clicked on the speaker button on top right hand corner but nothing, zip, nada. I think it must have something to do with bandwidth then. The worst thing about all this is that I am a soundman for the TV and film industry. I think I need to go back to college. LOL. Thanks for trying though.Rhydian