Sign in to follow this  
Ramasurinen

Is it possible to put the 320hp AEIO-580 engine in the SF 260?

Since the 350hp turboprop version of the SF 260 is not available from RealAir, I was wondering if its possible to get this plane with a piston engine more powerful than the standard 260hp O-540? http://www.lycoming.textron.com/engines/ae...ic%20insert.pdf At the link above I see Lycomming also makes a 300hp O-540, which is in the extra 300, and a 320hp O-580, though they seem to have a different mount configuration, so I doubt they would fit. It would sure be nice to mod my cfg file and pretend I have the bigger engine. I assume setting power scalar to 1.27 would increase my horsepower the needed 27%, it that right?Thanks.

You might want to try changing the propeller thrust scalar value rather than the engine values, as it will tend to rev past redline very easily. I've done that to mine to emulate the TIO-540-NXT and it's great fun to fly, fantastic climb rate especially with a light load, though of course there's increased torque to deal with and fuel consumption will go up accordingly.Oddly though I still fly with the stock flight dynamics more often than not, it's just so perfectly balanced. :)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/170527.jpg

Mike Johnson - Lotus Simulations