Sign in to follow this  
Guest allcott

Loose AA when I load add-on aircraft and switch views....very odd!

Guest LucasStL

Hi folks - Just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas why this would be happening. I load up FSX (1440x900 Res), load up any of the default aircraft, and all is normal. I can switch views, etc - nothing strange happens. However, whenever I load up any addon aircraft I have (I've tested Iris F-15, CLS DC-10, Carenado Aircraft...) they load in the cockpit and all is normal. Upon my first view change (S) all my Anti Aliasing goes away. It doesn't matter what I do, I can go into the nVidia control panel and attempt to re-select 4x, but it doesn't work. The only solution is to reload FSX, and even then I can only use the default aircraft with AA. Anyone have any ideas? Here's my specs..Windows XP Home (SP2)AMD Opteron @ 2.8GHZ1GB Ram7800 GS (nVidia)Usual settings are AA 4x and AS 16x. These settings work fine with FS9. Please help!

Guest unitedpilot36

I'm having an AA issue as well. In full screen mode my AA just plain doesn't work, when I switch to windowed mode, it works. Problem is, that shaves off about 10 fps when I have none to spare. The experience at that point is about as unenjoyable as can be. My card is a 7900 GS. Try switching to windowed mode and see if that works.

Guest allcott

If it only works in windowed mode then it suggests that somehow the `focus` of the card has been lost - it can only perform AA on the 3d accelerated page in view. If its not, then in both examples something is preventing the focus being returned to the main page.It might be as simple as having to click on the main viewing window.Allcott