Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

Christian B - Why can't tileproxy be used in FS9?

Guest leglegle

It seems like the general layout of files is the same. And, the internet connection and setup seems like it would be the same, regardless of FS9, or FSX. Any chance that a version can be made for the tens of thousands of people still on FS? This looks like a very exciting development. One that I would be willing to pay for as well. CB

Guest cbuchner1

The dependence on simconnect is the culprit. I would have to switch to using FSUIPC.And you'd be limited to 4.75 m/pixel as you are with commercial addon packages for FS9 like MegaScenery.Support for FS9 is a "maybe". I'd rather fix the performance problems for the FSX crowd first ;)

Guest leglegle

Ah! Thanks for the reply. Good point. Yeah, I will probably go to FSX soon, but FS9 is working so well, that it is tough. Plus, Gottfried's California Scenery (where I live) has been an awesome satellite scenery upgrade. FSUIPC has been great. Haven't used simconnect yet. Do you think Pete would be conducive to helping you develop a FSUIPC version?CB

>Ah! Thanks for the reply. Good point. Yeah, I will probably>go to FSX soon, but FS9 is working so well, that it is tough.>Plus, Gottfried's California Scenery (where I live) has been>an awesome satellite scenery upgrade. >Don't switch ---------use both! :-hah I have some of that excellent Gottfried scenery too, as well as Glacier Bay, and several top of the line airport scenery areas for FS9. Wouldn't give them up! FSX MegaScenery is awesome with it's higher resolution, and so is the mountain west renditions where I live.L.Adamson