Sign in to follow this  
Guest asb3pe

Austrian glider mission bug w/landing?

Did a search here, didn't see this one posted yet... Flying the Austrian glider race, have done it a number of times now at a time of 1:30 which isn't the record (I wonder what time qualifies as the world record?)... but I make a 180 degree turn and land... and every time I do, my glider sinks down into the runway, slowly disappearing, and seconds later the glider crashes, and I get the "Mission Failed" graphic. Once, I landed so slowly that the woman's voice had just started, and I know she was going to congratulate me and give me the mission award! But the inevitable crash happened right then, and she was gone. No trophy. Sigh.Anyone else having trouble with this mission? Gliding sure is fun, but I can already bet that the Advanced glider mission isn't going to show the thermals... and that's gonna be brutal. :)This crash landing reminds me of flying FS9 multiplayer with my brother, he's often slightly below or slightly above the runway when landing, but I just chalk it up to having slightly out-of-alignment coordinate systems on our two machines. It never causes problems with crashes tho. I always turn off crash detection, although I'm not sure if that has any effect on missions. Doesn't seem to.Any help appreciated.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!