Sign in to follow this  
Guest Maverick2006

ATC sound partly not available

Guest Maverick2006

Hello,I've got a problem with the ATC. I think it's there since installing the SP1 for FSX.In the last days I watched the AI-traffic at several airports and in all cases I could not hear the ATC controler voices. Mostly it's the tower controler. Aircrafts are taking off without clearance, they are landing without clearance, you cannot hear the instruction for taxing to the gate or parking position.The ground frequency seems to be OK, I can hear the IFR clearance for exmaple.But in very rarely cases I can hear the voice on the tower frequency too, it's very strange.Can somebody tell me whats going wrong with my FSX?Thanks,Patric

Guest triangle

PatricI had a similar problem though slightly different - pretty much no ATC but, instead, some loopping of the first few words of each response. Turned out I had the MS Audio Compression Manager installed - disabling this fixed everything for me. You can check for it under the Sounds section in your device manager. I think it was conflicting with DirectShow.Triangle

Guest Maverick2006

I've checked the sound settings but there isn't installed a Compression Manager. Patric

Guest geomac

Hi Patric Had similar problem,clicked on pilots voice in Settings there are 4 different voices,more if you have Traffic installed. Hope this may help. Regards George.

Guest Maverick2006

Hello,now, after days of tuning and watching the AI-Traffic I made a flight of myself. And everything was right, I got the clearence for taxing to the runway, I got the take off clearence from the tower. During the flight I could hear the ATC instructions for me and the other traffic. I got the landing clearence and the instructions for taxing to the parking position.And then I went to another airport and took a position for watching the AI Traffic again. What can say I couldn't hear any voices from the tower. The aircrafts were started without clearences. But one thing that I've realized, too, is that I couldn't hear the ATIS.Perhaps there is something wrong with the "atc.dll"?Patric