Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hocking

FSX won't start up, and I get "Not Responding" when trying to start it up?

All of a sudden, I can't start up FSX anymore. I have been able to start it up fine since I have had it. Now, I can't get it to even start up anymore. I get the initial blue FSX screen, but it just freezes up and I get the "Not Responding" message in the Windows Task Manager window.Any ideas? I am running FSX with the SP1 patch.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I found out what my problem was. It had something to do with my Logbook being corrupt. I figured this out last night after uninstalling and reinstalling FSX/SP1 with all of my add-ons. The game ran fine when I first started it up after uninstalling-reinstalling everything. Then, when I reloaded all of my backup files in the "My Documents" FSX folder, I started having the same problem again. I then knew to start looking for my problem in one of the files in the FSX "My Documents" folder. It ended up being my "Logbook.BIN" file.Oddly enough, I went browsing through some of my "Computer Pilot" magazines today at work and actually found a freeware frenzy article about this. There is supposedly freeware available here at Avsim that fixes corrupt Logbook.BIN files. I plan on downloading it and giving it a try after this mess.