Sign in to follow this  
Guest hassata

FPS Slider Weirdness

Hi:For some reason of late, setting to unilimited gives me 30+ fps, but if i limit to anything (even 99) I get 11-12. Thinking of reinstalling drivers, but any ideas?Thanks(P.S. I would keep at unlimited, but that introduces some stuttering)(P.P.S Also suffering with blurries 2)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

What's happening in your sim seems like what's going on with a lot of other folks, judging by the many forum threads on the same topic. Especially after SP1, it seems that setting your framerate to Unlimited will give you faster, but not consistent framerates. If you lock in your framerate, your system will chug. There's many threads dealing with both this and the blurries. Based on all of the info you find in those, you may want to attempt tweaking your FSX .config file and/or your computer. That depends on how many hours you want to spend trying out fiddly little settings. Maybe you will get lucky, maybe you won't. As for re-installing your drivers, it makes good sense to keep all of them up-to-date: video, sound, motherboard drivers, DX9, etc. I doubt it would hurt to try, but if you're running the latest and greatest already, it probably won't make any difference. Or let's put it this way: don't pin all your hopes that it's just a driver issue (although it may be).Jeff ShylukAvsim Product Reviewer

Thanks Jeff. I've been tweaking and reinstalling since SP1 as well. I've got things as good as they are likely to get with a bit of bluriness that I guess i will have to live with for now.