Sign in to follow this  
phillroath

FSX not starting beyond splash screen...

Guest DaveOwl

If someone could help me I would really appreciate it as I'm already becoming bored of FSX...Firstly, I run the game and then it crashes...next time I try and load, it doesn't get past the splash screen (the Loading bar does not appear after the first two bars are done) and it eventually brings up 'Not Responding'. I've looked around for a fix and apparently deleting the logbook.bin file works - this hasn't worked.I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, repairing the installation and all sorts. Sometimes it lets me in again but if the game crashes I am back to exactly the same situation whereby it needs at least a reinstall to have any chance of loading again. If I even do get in the game looks very average even on Ultra High settings - can anything go right with it?! Also, is it just me or do you not get any shortcuts in the Start Menu or on the desktop to play the game? All I can find is one in the 'Games' section of the Vista style start menu.If anyone can offer any advice I'll accept it because I'm ready to throw it in the bin already.(Using Vista, tried with and without FSX SP1 applied, 4000+/3GB XMS/8800 GTS 640 using various driver versions)

Guest DaveOwl

Thanks for trying at least :) Anyone else have any suggestions? Surely there must be some solution.