Sign in to follow this  
Guest craigjjs

Mesh programs for FSX ?

Looking at the mesh programs and was wondering which one I should buy. It seems like there are three biggies:-FSGenesis FSX Terrain USA/WORLD-FSGlobal X2008-World Extreme Landscapes V2Any thoughts on these, are there any significant differences in them, hits on framerates, etc.?Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

My vote goes to FS Genesis. Justin has been around for quite some time and always delivers high-quality and reasonably priced products.I can only highly recommend the FSG meshes and landclasses.Pat

I also recommend FSG for North America (separate product from world), since it has 10 and 19m res, but for the world I've heard FS Global is better, since they do some corrections of plateaus and dips caused by the disjunction between the mesh and the elevations of airports and water bodies.

How much does FSG affect performance and frame rates? I usually fly airliners out of larger cities. Would FSG make much difference for this type of use? I have Ultimate Terrain land class and it definitely improves the experience. Thanks.Craigjjs