Sign in to follow this  
lgcharlot

No Zoom while turning knobs with mouse wheel

As delivered, MSFS has a behavior that drives me crazy, and I bet a lot of you hate this, too: you are trying to turn knobs on an instrument panel with the mouse wheel, and if the cursor position drifts even slightly outside of that knob's bounding box, the screen will zoom in or out - and you almost certainly don't want this to happen. Turns out there is a simple fix for this that I read on the Flightsim.to Forum in a post about the Grumman G21 Goose sim from OZX. This tweak comes courtesy of user [https://flightsim.to/profile/MGouge425]:

Tip of the day: To prevent accidentally zooming while using the mouse scroll wheel for turning knobs in the cockpit, especially during turbulence, just change the Cockpit Camera zoom command bindings as shown below, which will then require you to hold the right mouse button down to zoom with the scroll wheel.

1. Remove the "MOUSE WHEEL UP" binding from "ZOOM COCKPIT VIEW"
2. Add the "MOUSE WHEEL UP" binding to "ZOOM COCKPIT (LOCKABLE)"
3. Remove the "MOUSE WHEEL DOWN" binding from "UNZOOM COCKPIT VIEW"
4. Add the "MOUSE WHEEL DOWN" binding to "UNZOOM COCKPIT (LOCKABLE)"
5. Add a keybind for "RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON" TO "INTERACTION LOCK".

I've tested this, and it works perfectly! No more zooming of the cockpit view while turning knobs, unless you are also holding down the right mouse button at the same time!

Happy Landings!

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2