Sign in to follow this  
JeffF

PMDG 737-800 Cockpit Camera - Reset Cockpit View

I’ve got a weird one here with the PMDG 737-800. “Reset Cockpit View” should result in a view looking out the pilots side windshield. I have it mapped to button 2 on my joystick. I also should have this view when clicking “Fly” in the sim. I was flying last week, still on SU9. In flight when pressing the button to reset the view instead of looking out the windshield it points down to the pilots control column under the yoke. Prior to takeoff and through most of the flight it worked correctly but the view when clicking Reset changed while enroute.

From that point on, when clicking Fly to get started it defaults to looking at the control column. This happens ONLY with the 737-800 passenger aircraft. The cargo -800’s, all variants of the -700 and every other aircraft I checked works properly, looking out the windshield.

To troubleshoot I uninstalled the -800 and deleted the directory C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft .FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages \pmdg-aircraft-737\work which will cause a recompile on the next startup.

I reinstalled the -800, started the sim and still have the same view. This morning I remapped all the Cockpit Camera settings and still have the same result. I know it must be something specific to the -800 since all my other aircraft work correctly.

Does anybody have any thoughts on what might fix it? Thanks in advance!

Jeff | Private Pilot SEL, Tailwheel  Endorsement | A&P Mechanic

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | GPU: EVGA RTX3080 Black | MoBo: ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (WiFi) | RAM: 32Gb DDR4 3200 Mhz CL 16 | SSDs: 2Tb Samsung M.2 980 Pro, 1Tb Samsung M.2 970 Pro, | Case: Phanteks Eclipse P500A | Monitors: LG 27GP850, Dell P2715Q | Misc: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS