Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hocking

FS9 and FSX on same maching, problems? + error 1603 resolution?

I recall hearing of problems when putting FS9 and FSX on the same machine... is this true? In brief what are they? I'll be searching the forums, just wanted to get the question out there if I couldn't find anything...EDIT: basically i'm trying to help WMUFlyer get FSX to run, he has FS9 installed, installed FSX + SP1, runs it and gets "could not load some program files....reinstall" (topic #407295 here). He then tried uninstalling and gets error 1603.Upon reading from here: http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q111019I'm guessing his problem is the fact he only has 13.4GB free space on his 80gig HD. So he's working on clearing it out some. But then he mentioned that he also has FS9 installed, and I recalled hearing of problems related to having both on your system, or trying to uninstall one with the other on, and so on so forth...I searched and couldn't find anything.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I had a problem running FS9 after I installed FSX on the same machine. Something happened to my registry concerning Microsoft Games. I downloaded an FS9 registry repair utility from somewhere (maybe it was TweakFS). I ran the registry editor, and everything was fine after that. That was the only issue I had in the very beginning. Oddly enough, I should note, I totally uninstalled FSX from this system after this had happened. I then reinstalled FSX a couple of months later, and had not issue with the registry the second time around. Who knows???????