Sign in to follow this  
aerdt

O&O Defrag & Vista? Support?

Is anyone else using O&O Defrag on Vista? Anyone ever have any luck getting tech support from O&O?While I was a happy O&O user on XP, my mood has been souring on Vista. Since moving to Vista a month ago, I have on a couple of occasions seen scandisk trigger on bootup and make some repairs (seems to be orphaned files). I'm actually not sure what these files were (it goes by too fast to read), but my PC seemed no worse for the wear. Still, seeing this makes me really nervous about what is going on, and the O&O Defrag screensaver I am using seems like a possible culprit. Well, today the screensaver actually crashed which adds fuel to my suspiscions.I am using version 8.6 which, I believe, is the first that included Vista support(?) So it seems their Vista code may be a bit more mature in their latest version (10) which their website reports I am eligible to get for free since I bought 8.6 within a specified window. So rather than actually try to tech support a problem I don't know if I can even pin on O&O, I figured the easiest thing for both me and O&O would be to try version 10 to see if the problems go away. Well, 2 weeks ago I sent an email requesting a license key for 10. After getting no response, one week ago I filed a tech support claim requesting the key. Still no response. This should be a 30 second response, but I am getting nothing. I guess I'll have to try getting up a little earlier one morning and placing an international call for tech support. I'm not happy.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,I use O&O Defrag Pro V.10 on both Vista64 and 32bit versions with absolutely no problems. I do not use the screensaver.Rod.

I use O&O Defrag v10 with Vista Ultimate 32 and never had any problems with it.However, you might want to DISABLE the automatic MS defrag routine in Vista in the Task Scheduler, because it won't play well with O&O Defrag - MS Defrag defrags the disk and pretty much eliminates the HDD optimization made by O&O.Pat