Sign in to follow this  
Guest ziporama

Missing glass textures - okay, now this is weird

Guest claytonsiem

Hello All:I've got a real stumper here:My problem is this: all of the sudden, my FSX will not display the glass in any of my default aircraft. The add-on a/c display glass properly.Since I could not figure out where the problem was, I had someone email me a copy of their C172 from their working FSX install. Their a/c displayed the glass textures properly on their system.I copied the working C172 into my system, fired up my FSX, and guess what? NO GLASS on the working a/c model when displayed in my FSX.Okay, so now I know I don't have corrupted a/c files.What would cause this issue?The only thing I have changed in my system is this: I have removed an older Nvidia card (5700) and replaced it with a ATI x1900 Pro. No other changes...I am completely at a loss...anyone have any suggestions!?!?!?Clayton Siem

Guest claytonsiem

So no one has responded to this post...Let me ask this: Has anyone done a repair on FSX successfully yet?If so, does it overwrite all those reduced texture files? What about installed a/c and AI a/c?Is there a way to pull files off the FSX dvd?Can anyone respond please? I don't want to do this blind.Thanks!Clayton

Guest ziporama

Changing your video card should not by itself affect your FSX installation. However, since you had a fairly old card you've replaced, I suspect a video card driver and probably more likely, a directX version issue.Suggestions:1) ensure you have the latest DirectX version installed. The latest release of 9.0c for Windows XP was released in June 2007: herehttp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en2) if the above doesn't fix it, ensure you are using the latest video driver for your card.3) Lastly, if 1 and 2 aren't working, backup your fsx.cfg file, delete it and let FSX re-create it. This will clear any video configuration related data FSX may still have.Hope this helps,Etienne