Sign in to follow this  
TerryB

Flashing / flickering taxiway lines

I have been using MS flight sims since FS4 and am an avid reader of the Avsim forum, from which I have gained much useful advice. This is the first time I have posted a message and I would appreciate some assistance with my current problem:-I have installed FSX on my laptop (Specs below) and it generally runs well with frame rates locked at 24fps apart from dropping to around 19 at busy airports (eg Manchester, UK) using the default aircraft. The one problem I have is that taxiway edge and centre marker lines flash / flicker very badly and appear to be extremely bright - runway markings are not affected. This effect is only visible in daylight flights, not at night. I have tried many setting adjustments, both in game and on the Nvidia control panel.Altering AA in the Nvidia control centre does not produce any effect but engaging AA in FSX reduces the frame rates to low single figures, making the sim unflyable. Am I missing something very simple? I would appreciate any suggestions to cure this problem - also is it possible to remove the lines altogether?Laptop SecsCore2Duo T7300, 2 Gb 667MHz Ram, GeForce 7300 graphics card, 160 Gb HDD, 1680x1050 15.4" display, Vista Ultimate.FSX Display settingsResolution 1680x1050x32 Filtering Anisotropic Global tex res Very HighAA OffLOD radius LargeMesh complexity 100Mesh resolution 38mtexture resolution 1mwater effects Low 1xScenery complexity Extremely denseAutogen noneSpecial effects detail LowAircraft 2D panelGlobal weather LowAirline traffic 30% (all other traffic off)Thanks in advanceTerry B (near Rosun hold)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!