Sign in to follow this  
bert.laverman

MSFS PMDG 737: some things don't work

I installed and configured as described, and LINDA (version 4.1.5) correctly starts up together with FSUIPC.

• First of all, there was a missing "config-hid.lua" in "MSFS Default" that caused it to complain, and possibly also blocked saving of changes? In any way, only after I created an empty file did it save correctly.
  • The PMDG module contains a syntax error in "config-CDU2.lua". There was just a single line and it looked like a comment, so I just prefixed "-- "
  • I succesfully defined bindings for the parking brake to set, but releasing it did not work.
  • I was unable to get any of the lights to work.

Yes, I did wait and stopped/started FSUIPC and LINDA, but no luck. Given that setting the brake worked, what did I miss?

Cheers, Bert

Bert Laverman

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Wait, there are separate "737_Options.ini" files for the 737-700 and the 737-800. Could that be it? Need to enable the data broadcast?

Bert Laverman

Update:

After adding the data broadcast options to the 737-800, some lights now work. Landing lights are still not working though, perhaps because of the different versions; not just fixed vs retractable but because it is a newer version? Unsure. Parking brake release is also not yet working.

Bert Laverman