Sign in to follow this  
Guest jtek

FSX on an Intel Mac

Guest jtek

I'm wondering if anybody has tried running FSX on an Apple iMac or Mac Pro with an Intel processor (running Windows XP under Boot Camp, of course). Experiences? Caveats?

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

It would certainly have to be one of the units with a dedicated mid/high end video card. The Intel GMA 950's built into the normal MacBooks certainly won't cut it.Otherwise, running Windows via Boot Camp is NO different than having a comparably equipped PC running Windows. Same OS, same everything. Should work just fine.I've had my MacBook (not pro) for 2 weeks now and absolutely LOVE it... just wish it had a decent enough video card to game with.. Oh well! OSX ROCKS! Seriously thinking that all future PC's I own will be dual boots between OSX (check out the OSX86 project at http://wiki.osx86project.org ) and Windows, and Windows will be getting used ONLY for gaming...

Guest highfly8886

Hey!I am using my MacBook Pro 15inch 2,4 ghz with a geforce 8600gt 256 mb graphics chip, and i am absouletly statisfied with the performance of FSX. Most of the tgrphics setting are maxed out and my frames are locked at 25. Most of the time i get about 22 frames wich makes of a perfect gaming experience.Cheers!

Guest CocoLoco

I also use FSX on a MacBook Pro and it works very well. I've opted to install it on an external hard drive since FSX plus add-ons can get very large and I have only given my Win XP partition about 40GB. The key point is too make sure you get one with a dedicated graphics chip and not an integrated one. Dual booting Mac's are the future for me from now on... For reference, see:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=set..._page=show_mesgRegardsDavid

Guest jtek

Ha! I should have known to search before posting a new thread. What a newbie mistake :)