Sign in to follow this  
Guest MikeMiraglia

Reading a BIN file

Greetings all,Is there a program that will allow me to read the logbook BIN file? FSX was hanging at the splash screen and it turned out to be a problem with the logbook BIN file. I removed the logbook BIN file and let FSX build a new one, which allows FSX to start. The problem is that I have over 1000 hours of flights and nearly every award, so I would like to somehow get my stuff back....at least the flight log. Thanks for any help,-Mike

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I couldn't remember the file name, but luckily someone posted the info at SimHQ.com,=====================================================================Category: Flight Simulator X - UtilitiesNew! Logbook RecoveryFile Description:This utility can be used to try to fix an FSX logbook that doesn't get appended with new entries anymore. If it succeeds in removing a corrupt entry you can write back the logbook, but only after a backup of the original has been made.Filename: fsxlogrecovery10.zipLicense: FreewareAdded: 28th November 2006Downloads: 123Author: Daniel van OsSize: 229kbhttp://www.avsim.com/ _________________________Rick.50cal =====================================================================The rewards are contained in "grantedrewards.bin".Good luck, it would suck to loose that many hours.

It worked like a charm. Thank you, thank you, thank you,-Mike