Sign in to follow this  
aerdt

FSX/DX10 Bug Report

This is what I submitted to tell_fs:* DX10/AA:Got it working with a series of FSX restarts. I noticed the AA buttonkept unchecking itself and that the display settings were notpersistant.*DX10/Dual Monitors:DX9 starts on my primary monitor, DX10 starts per default on mysecondary monitor.*DX10/Cursor CorruptionDX10 corrupts the loading cursor in Vista (the blue circle). Itappears black and white.*DX10/Performance:I did not notice any performance enhancements with DX10, but onaverage a 20% decrease in framerates. However, it is my perceptionthat DX10 is a lot smoother with no stutters. Maybe the frame counterdoes not produce accurate results. I also noticed a more significantdecrease in performance, if my display settings are set lower than themax. native resolution of my monitor(s).*DX10/Cockpit shadows:Cockpit shadows are not anti-aliased, eventhough I got AA to work with DX10.This has been a clean install of FSX, with Acceleration without any add-ons, ForceWare release 169.01.On a positive note: FSX with Acceleration seems to load significantly faster. Before SP2, it took a good 60 seconds to start up FSX, after Acceleration has been on average 10 seconds. However, that could be due to the fact that this a clean/untweaked install. The main GUI seems to behave a lot "snippier" and responsive.

Guest Lennyt

Have you compared 169.01 to 163.69? I ran both and it seemed that I got a performance increase with 169.01 (under DX10) but I got intermittent stuttering. Another plus was I wasn't getting those anomalies on airport textures - flashing. I've since gone back to 163.69 which gives almost no stuttering but the flashing airport textures are back under DX10. I'll do more testing.Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz, 3 GB, 8400GS 256 mb. Vista Home Premium.

Guest j0nx

I am just getting whooped by dx10. Same settings in dx9 with all the same sliders and check boxes sitting in front of the f16's at edwards in the agusta i get 39.3 fps where in dx10 I get 16.5 fps. Something is very, very wrong here. Enabling bloom takes 20% of my frame rate away in dx10 just as it does in dx9. Once again something is very wrong here. I have tried the 169.01 drivers and they did nothing except take away AA in the fsx menu. The 163.69 whql's were better so I am going back. How could I lose between 20-200% of my frame rate with the same settings by going to dx10 without even enabling any additional options? What were people seeing during the beta tests or didn't dx10 on vista get tested then? I'm a bit cornfused here.

Here are my findings:DX10/Bloom: 14fpsDX10/NoBloom: 19fpsDX9/Bloom: 12fpsDX9/NoBloom: 14fpsThis is with the 169.1 ForceWare drivers, same startup mission and FSX restart after each test.Now I am seeing an actual slight increase(?) with DX10. In the meantime I have installed Ultimate Traffic X, Active Sky X w/X-Graphics and My Traffic X (traffic at 10%).The loading times have increased again to the "normal" levels after the installation of MyTraffic and MyTraffic took again a huge, expected chunk off the framerates. Before the installations I had a solid 20+ fps (I locked them to 20fps, so I don't have any info how much they actually were, but they dipped into the mid-teens with DX9).I am reluctant to roll back drivers, because I have had my fair share of spending entire afternoons cleaning up the remaining driver pieces, despite cleanly uninstalling and removing artifacts with Driver Cleaner.Pat