Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gunner_CAF

Thrustmaster Cougar profiles

Guest Redvan

I'm running a Cougar profile for F4 OF4.5 (Falcon 4.0 Open Falcon 4.5), when I go to fly FSX, the same profile is being applied to FSX. How can I switch back to DX buttons for use when flying FSX?

Guest Gunner_CAF

Open the HOTAS Cougar Control Panel and turn "Button & Axis emulation" off. Turn it back on again when you play F4.Gunner

>Open the HOTAS Cougar Control Panel and turn "Button & Axis>emulation" off. Turn it back on again when you play F4.>>GunnerGood answer to the OP :)Alternatively does anyone have a really well thought out and usable FSX profile for the Cougar? I use my Cougar in FSX most of the time.Cheers.

Guest bjablonka

Bump - love to have a profile for the Cougar, too.

Guest Gunner_CAF

Well, I have one, but it's not well thought out. It's kind of mix of Cougar programming and FSX joystick mapping.I started out with some basic things I use on other flight simulator programs like Cougar Trim, and three axis profiles on the Dog Fight switch so I can change the feel on the fly. From there I mapped things when I could map them. I programmed things I couldn't map. I have been tweaking it now and then when I decide I like something.It's unfinished and undocumented. It has a good macro file. Without documentation, and without mapping of buttons/axisis in FSX, it will be of little use without some work. If anyone would like a copy, your welcome to it. You can find it on my Cougar Page way at the bottom under Download.http://webpages.charter.net/davegun/Cougar.htmOne of these days when I get tired of flying, I will work on it and put together a complete package... but that may be a while :)Gunner

Guest Redvan

cool! thanks for the reply! Glad it's that easy... lol... I'm not that good when it comes to in depth computer stuffs lol.Check frugalsworld.com also, they may have some nice FSX profiles, or someone there may know of where to get one...I like to keep dx buttons on for FSX, that way i can make quick easy changes ingame :)

Guest Gunner_CAF

Here is Cougar World at Frugals:http://cougar.frugalsworld.com/I don't see any joystick files for FSX there. Using DX buttons limit the number of commands that can be used. For example using shifted keys. But DX keys are easy to map.I can never decide what keys to map. Each aircraft type have special keys, like float planes, gliders, helos. I am sure I can program most of them, but I would never remember them all :)Gunner