Sign in to follow this  
Pete F

XAudio2_4.dll causing crashing of P3D

P3D V5 running Aerosoft A330 Pro. The app is constantly crashing with event viewer indicating XAudio2_4.dll unloaded.

This is a persistent problem that I'm consistently having with this setup. Last time I found the Sound button was unchecked, even though the sound was working. I checked the box and it's been working since, but periodically I go through this whole frustrating process again. It renders the application completely useless and is merely an exercise in frustration to have it crash every 5 minutes. I use it as a study tool and the machine is used exclusively to run P3D and A330 Pro.

Being intermittent it may be that it's scenario specific and things like that audio setting was simply a red-herring with nothing to do with why it constantly crashes sometimes, but not others.

I don't know anything about running Windows but would be very grateful if I could get some assistance or ideas on why P3D is crashing like this and/or if there is some type of driver I need to update. The log seems to provide no doubt that this file is the problem, just not sure what to do about it