Sign in to follow this  
Guest mz-cd

SP2 and Acceleration a BIG disappointment.

In all the posts I have made I have always said that FSX runs well for me. Not perfect you understand but on the whole not bad.I have just celebrated my first anniversary of tweaking.Perhaps FS10 should have been called FSTweak.I eagerly awaited the arrival of the acceleration pack and it duly arrived on Saturday [uK] morning.It loaded with no problems and activated ok.However I have to say that overall I am very disappointed as SP2 has done nothing for the performance or general visuals of the sim.And as for the carrier and F18 well [on my setup] it is completely naff.The Carrier Ops Package in FS9 beats it hands down.2 of my freeware addon planes have problems.The Piper Seminole [sorry can't remember the author]has solid spinning discs as props.And the Piaggio P-180 by Mario Noriega,sits on the ground with its nose in the air like a tail dragger.Also a lot of my freeware addon scenery has problems the most noticable being black rectangles that appear behind trees. I have always read the posts in this forum but have refrained from making any comment but I feel it is now time to do so along,with it seems,most of the flight sim community.I think FSX has been a very ill conceived product from the start.My feeling is that they have tried to produce a product that satisfied both Windows XP with DX9 users and Vista with DX10 users and in doing so have failed on both counts.An interim product that enhanced FS9 whilst the whole question of Vista and DX10 was properly thought through would have, to my mind been a better way forward. Microsoft would then have had plenty of time to advise the world that the next sim would require xxxxxxxxxx whatever.I mean you don't buy something if you don't have the means of running it.A bit like buying a gas fire if you are all electric.I have to admire Phil Taylor as he has taken a lot of flak both personnaly and on behalf of Microsoft however, I think it would been both correct and professional for a senior member of Microsoft to have come forward not only to have supported Phil Taylor but to have said to us the CUSTOMERS [Yes we are customers] "Yes sorry we have got it wrong, but be assured we are going to put it right"I have spent some

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!