Sign in to follow this  
Guest MikeMiraglia

Carrier landing failures

Greetings all, Are there any known issues regarding the F/A-18 crashing into the carrier deck? Utilizing aicarrier.zip here in the library, I have tried landing on about half of them, crashing every time. On average I am hitting the second cable at 140 KIAS and -130 to 150 FPM. These numbers sound reasonably decent to me. Any thoughts? Thanks,-Mike

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Those numbers do sound OK. What's your angle of attack? Is the nose slamming down?Do you crash using the default Acceleration carrier?

I have not noted my AOA, but I am certain that I have a slight nose up pitch...just few degrees.I do have the same affliction when landing on the default carrier in the missions. While waiting for a response I went back into FSX and tried landing the C172 and Cub on the carriers, they crashed also. I went back to the carrier in Jacksonville and tried landing the R22, and it crashed as soon as the skids touched the deck. I guess the F/A-18 is not the problem. -Mike

Just fixed it with a reinstall of Acceleration. I still wonder what that was all about, but all is working fine now.-Mike