Sign in to follow this  
Guest Calb

Acceleration Install and Networking Hosed?

Guest tstewart

Have been following all the posts about problems with Fsx and Acceleration. Bought the program the day it came out and have been leary of taking the plunge and installing. Got brave over the weekend and did install. Well it didn't work for me - the lock ups, slower fps, etc. One thing that happened that I haven't noticed anyone posting is that my Dsl modem lost connectivity right after Acceleration Install. I have 2 computers and 2 dsl modems and second modem was fine. I completely uninstalled Acceleration but my dsl connection just kept flashing and would not connect. I had enough since to ghost my hard drive before installing Acceleration so I didn't lose anything and modem was fine after restoring backup.BTW this was on Windows XP with all updates. This was not a fresh install of FSX. I took the chance and left UTX and Fsuipc on FSX before installing Acceleration. I did see several posts about uninstalling everything on FSX, all third party add-on's Folder's and start from scratch. Might do this one last time and see if it make's a difference. Also when I uninstalled Acceleration, in addition to the networking being messed up, Fsx continued to lock-up. I have Fsx running with sp1 and works great. Just wanted to use Acceleration for the new missions.Thank-You,Ted

Guest Calb

I have 3 computers networked using a Switch (HUB) which share a common Cable Modem. All use WinXP.As a Beta tester, I have installed/validated Acceleration a number of times without ever experiencing any affect on my network or any other aspect of any of my computers.I know the modem problem was coincident with the install of Acceleration but, frankly, I'd be suspicious of the DSL modem software.The FSX computer: Athlon 64X2 4600+, ASUS A8N-SLI 2Gb RAM, GeForce 7950 GX2 (1Gb) w/163.75 WHQL driverCal - CYXX