Sign in to follow this  
Guest ronht

FMC

I have Airbus Series 1 Justflight and I`m trying to follow the tutorial flight at one point it says resolve the discontinuity how do I do this? I assume it means get rid of it.can someone help please

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>I have Airbus Series 1 Justflight and I`m trying to follow>the tutorial flight at one point it says resolve the>discontinuity how do I do this? I assume it means get rid of>it.>can someone help pleaseThe discontinuity is a gap along your route of flight where the route doesn't connect all the points. Basicly you are looking to close the gap on the legs page to resolve the problem. Page through the legs page to see where the discontinuity exsists. You can close the gap (or not - your choice) by line selecting the next point past the discontinuity and bringing it up to the open boxes to close the gap. That would give you a direct routing from your last point prior to the discontinuity to the next point that you brought up. Sometimes it's not necessary to close the discontinuity or you don't need to or want to. Consider a STAR arrival to an airport that doesn't have a transisition to your arrival runway. You can expect vectors in that situation and would more than likely set up a direct intercept course (to be vectored to) to the step-down or final approach fix. There are several other things you can do, but hopefully this answers your question. Ron