Sign in to follow this  
Guest gregb143

Not Enough Memory - Since When???

Guest gregb143

ok, i fired up fsx today for the first time in awhile....no changesto computer or fsx. won't load.......it progresses through allthe prestart bs....loading scenery etc....then says my systemdoes not have enough memory to run fsx!!!! huh? did somethinghappen I didn't know about? i have 2G memory on a P4 3MHzmachine....never had this happen before. It suggests I tonedone the traffic, change resolutions etc. Well, if i can't getinto the game, isn't that kinda hard to do? Any suggestionsout there?oh, using sp1.....tried installing sp2 yesterday but after this,i quickly uninstalled it....same issues though.

Guest Nils79

Perhaps you don't have enough free disk space on your C drive.Your pagefile is working and large enough and your taskmanager shows the memory sizes you would expect?

Guest fsxmissionguy

Basic troubleshooting of "out of memory" issues would include gathering some basic facts:1) Total RAM (2gb)2) RAM available before startup of FSX3) Number of processes before startup of FSX4) RAM after startup of FSX5) Number of processes after startup of FSX6) Any other apps reporting other issuesThese facts will help us (and you) hone in on what the issue might be. Could be many things ... to start with, for example, you may be running too many other programs while simultaneously trying to run FSX.RAM available before startup of FSX would give you some idea how much of your RAM is being consumed by other programs you have installed, and the OS itself.You may have too many addons installed (you don't indicate whether you have addons installed at all.) RAM after startup of FSX will give us some idea how much RAM is being consumed by FSX and any add-on programs that start with FSX.Use Task Manager to gather these basic facts, and report back. I have the same basic system setup you do, and I have never had FSX report OOM errors to me.Under most circumstances, a machine with 2GB of RAM is sufficient to run FSX SP2. Now, we need to figure out what is unique about your circumstance.

Guest gregb143

1) Total RAM (2gb) correct2) RAM available before startup of FSX: 2096620 Virtual Memory