Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mark2112

FSX has decided to not load

Hi everybody! I have searched the forum for a problem like mine but have been unable to find a solution so here is my problem.Everything was working well. My previous flight was a long one and wanted to fire it up and go flying today. The program gets to the splash screen and stops. The hard drive works for a bit then stops. There are no error messages and nothing seemed bad, it's like it got lazy and quit.SO I thought I would try to repair the problem with the repair option on my FSX acceleration disk. I hit the repair button and the hard drive just goes and nothing happens. Same thing with the remove option. I doubt it is my hard drive because everything else works.Anyone have similar issues and had a fix for it. I am quite lost here. I am running under Windows XP and have had zero issues up until now. Thanks for your attention!Mark

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Mark,Since you did not mention it (not sure what you meant by "fire it up"- FS or your computer), I will ask:Did you re-boot the machine and then try again?Was anything new installed after this long flight?When things like this happen it is not because the software "broke" on its own. Something in your system is conflicting with it / broke it. The fact that other apps work is often irrelevant.You can also check your event log: Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Event Viewer. That might give a clue.Also, it never hurts to defrag the HD once a month or so.Hope this helps. :)Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

Thanks for the reply, I managed to figure out the problem and I think it is due to a logbook issue. I have had the problem of the logbook stopping to update after flights, but at least the program seemed to work. I tried a logbook recovery program but it does not work. I guess I have to start with a fresh logbook! Thanks again for your reply, and yes my HD is due for a defrag!!Mark