Sign in to follow this  
Guest Knikolaes

Default Textures Backup

Guest Knikolaes

I searched the FSX forum for this but apparently I'm the only dimwit that did this.Shortly after FSX was released, someone in the AVSIM libraries released a VERY nice texture update. I backed up the default textures before installing the freeware textures.I loved the freeware textures so much that I eventually, got rid of the backup textures to clear up some much needed disk space.Now I am preparing to do an article on another texture add-on and decided to do some before (default FSX) and after (product I am writing on) shots when I realized I deleted the backups.My FSX DVD has a repair option, but I am wondering if there is an alternate method to recover the textures from the DVDs without doing the repair. Wouldn't the repair option delete all of my add-ons? Or would it just touch certain files such as the scenery.CFG file?I know, I know, "You should have kept the back-ups". I know i am probably looking at a complete reinstall of FS, but I am seeking out any alternatives first.