Sign in to follow this  
Guest fsxmissionguy

Help with low fps in spot view

Guest killbox

hi i needed help with why i am getting below 10 fps in spot view and wing view? I am running on an older laptop nc8000 and in VC i get 15fps.All my settings are on lowest in scenery. I am happy with fps above 10.I have also applied the tweaks that are reccommended such as replacing the tree files and defualt.xml file...this is a section of my fsx.cfg:TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=100FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33

Guest fsxmissionguy

You're probably not going to find a tweak that helps. The spot view exposes your CPU to an extensive amount of work as it must now draw everything you can see from the spot view that you cannot normally see from the VC.Your laptop is barely powerful enough to run FSX. In fact, I'd consider myself lucky to get 15 FPS on your laptop. My advice ... stay in the cockpit and learn all the ins and outs of your instruments and IFR flying until you get into position to purchase a better rig. There is still a tremendous amount of flying and learning that you can do without ever leaving the cockpit for the eye candy.