Sign in to follow this  
Guest xz69

Scenery Library in FSX - I'm Curious

Guest xz69

I'm running FSX SP2/Accel and I'm curious to understand if the scenery library works any differently to the one I understood in FS9. I've installed some scenery add-ons such as MegasceneryX LV, Vancouver+ for FSX and Horizon VFR (UK). I've not installed these in the Addon Scenery folder but in separate sub-folders of the FSX root.When I start FSX all these add-ons are listed in the scenery library and all work perfectly OK. BUT when I open scenery.cfg in C:(Users)AppDataRoamingMicrosoft (I'm using Vista) some of those entries are listed, for example, the Horizon VFR ones but the others are totally absent.So what's going on there? Also when I change the scenery library in FSX, it works OK and the scenery is amended. But when I go back and refresh Explorer the scenery.cfg doesn't have today's Date Modified stamp. Am I missing something simple?As I say, I'm curious.Thanks.MickyIntel QX9650 running at 4.0 ghzGigabyte X38-DQ64 Gb Kingston DDR2 1150 MemoryVista Home Premium (RTM not SP1) Asus EN8800GTX graphic cardFSX SP2/w AccelnVidia 169.25 driverFSGenesis Mesh for FSXMyTraffic for FSX 5.1aUltimate Terrain X for USAFlight Environment XGround Environment X

Guest xz69

OK, just seen Firehawk44's reply on another thread posted this evening.The "live" scenery.cfg is in C:Program Data. Thanks Jim, curiousity solved