Sign in to follow this  
Guest PPSFA

Lights disappearing

Guest djholmes1200

Just curious if this a common bug among the others (such as flashing runways/taxiways that I'm still getting), that showed up after SP2/Acceleration, and would be related to video drivers. Or if its perhaps specific to these products or maybe a setting I'm missing. I have the Shockwave 3d lights installed and working fine, except when I pan around the aircraft from the outside, the beam from the landing lights and taxi lights will blink in and out depending on the angle I'm at. Also the lights from AI planes in the distance will sometimes blink in and out. I also have UTX installed and it usually works fine but occasionally whole sections of lights will start blinking in and out as I move. Everything tends to look ok when I pause, but once I move or pan they disappear and reappear. Terribly annoying.On an 8800GTS btw.

Guest ziporama

It's not you, and yes, it is terribly frustrating. Happens with Nvidia hardware and SP2 in DX10 preview mode. DX9 works. I wouldn't mind, if it wasn't for the 30% perf hit I get on my box in DX9 mode (Vista 64).I haven't seen any official word on the cause or the fix from either Aces or Nvidia. Reports thus far seem to point to a driver issue.Cheers,Etienne

Guest PPSFA

I turned off UTX lights and it solved the problem for me, I have the same card you do.

Guest ericd19087

how did you turn off the lights in utx?eric