Sign in to follow this  
Dal 1

Out of memory

HI Guy's I am suffering withe the old out of memory problem again on my new machine.I know it is not the spec of my system as i have loads of RAM. Quad core AMD & Geoforce 8 series card installed.When it happened in my last system someone talked me through changing my vitrual memory settings. I am currently using Vista ultimate and i have the virt memory on system managed!Can someone who knows more than i do help please?

Guest firehawk44

I would lower your scenery sliders, turn autogen off, and drastically lower your AI settings or set them at the default settings. It sounds like you have everything maxed out and NO computer system today can successfully run FSX for any length of time at max settings no matter how much RAM installed or how powerful the CPU's. There's a lot of Out of Memory solutions/suggestions throughout this forum which will help you too. Search for "Out of Memory" or "OOM". Make sure you have also downloaded and installed all the hotfixes for this problem. They are discussed and available on NVIDIA (http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us). Make sure you have your GEForce 8 series card drivers properly installed too. This troubleshooting link may also be of assistance -- http://support.microsoft.com/ph/11941. Hope this helps.Best regards,Jim