Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest draky

FSX Multiplayer & Teamspeak 2

I'm new to Teamspeak (TS) and have set up a server and can connect etc. I'm pretty experienced with MP.I have set a push to speak key in TS and it works (CAPSLOCK). I have run all connectivity tests and get a full set of green lights indicating all is well with my connections to the outside world (no firewall blocked ports). I run Windows Vista 32 bit operating system.My problem is that when I now wish to use the Teamspeak server (that I have set up on my computer) whilst running Flight Simulator X simultaneously I cant seem to use both programs together, when I switch to the FSX screen the Teamspeak goes dead and no longer works until I go back into the TS window when it resumes all functionality (activated). Is there a way that I can keep TS active whilst in the FSX simulator session in Multiplayer?. My aim is to use TS to chat to other pilots when in MP sessions that I host. I'm sure there must be a way to do this as I hear of other doing the same as I am trying to set up.I have the registered version of FSUIPC and WIDEFS installed.Thanks for any help/assistance.David

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It may be a Vista issue, I use the same setup and it works ok in XP. Sorry I dont have an answer for you.

I fixed it thanks - you were right it was wonderful Vista security system at the root off the problem. Should anyone else encounter this type of frustration - run Teamspeak with Administrator rights thats what solved it for me.Dave