Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest tripecac

GEX - Cannot purchase (installer times out)

Hi, I downloaded both UTX and GEX from flight1. I was able to purchase and install UTX. However, when I try to make a payment in GEX, it freezes right while the payment is being authorized. This happens whether I am using a credit card or paypal.I have tried:1) run as administrator2) set compatibility mode to XP SP23) disable vista firewallNone of these changed the behavior. I cannot complete a purchase of GEX. :(I am running Vista Ultimate SP1.Has anyone else had problems purchasing GEX?Are there workaround?Thanks!Travis

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I am not sure what the problem may be but it would probably get you more attention and faster service if you were to post this in the GEX or Flight1 support forums.

Okay, thanks! I went ahead and did that. If/when I find out the fix, I'll post the answer here in case other people search for it (like I did).

Okay, I have good news! The problem was with Flight1's server, rather than my PC. This morning, both the credit card and paypal options work very smoothly. I had no problems at all completing the purchase.So, if the payment process happens to break for anyone else, I guess you need to just keep trying until it works. Hopefully our credit cards won't be charged a million times! :)