Sign in to follow this  
Guest Calb

EH101, how to read what percentage torque?

Guest dannyboyslim

Hi all,Really want to get to grips with the EH101, but find I'm struggling due to the well documented intermittant torque problem.When I'm flying the readout for the torque is going up and down like a yo yo, the engine pitch sound the same, although from what I gather the actual physical speed of the engine remains as set by me, it just appears to be wildly going up and down. In conjunction with this, I get wild movements from the EH101, I think because the aircraft "thinks" i'm reducing and raising the collective like crazy.This is all the common problem already mentioned a few times on this forum, and I've tried a few of the fixes to repair it, like altering the aircraft cfg lines or reducing the realism setting of the torque (which has had the best result but I'm unhappy doing it because I've tried to fly from the start with max realism.)Anyway, my question is, is there another instrument on the panel, or a way of fixing the main panel readout, which shows the correct percentage of torque/power I'm applying via my throttle quadrant. It's really difficult for me to maintain level flight and smooth transitions without knowing how much power I'm putting in (i.e 80%).Anyone get any suggestions? Dan

Guest Calb

Sorry Dan, for now it's a case of WYSIWYG. Hopefully they'll get it fixed in FS11.With regard to realism.... by setting the torque slider all the way down, you are actually improving the realism because it gets rid of the very unrealistic yaw spikes.As for the torque gauge.... nice to have, yes, but not critical. When hovering, gauges play no part in it -- and hovering is what helicopters are all about.Cal - CYXX