Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Shalomar

Calling all CS C-130 Xperience Pilots

I am about to do a job for Bush Flying unlimited. It involves a response to a big earthquake on the North Slope of Alaska. Naturally there would be a massive airlift of relief. The trip involves three legs...Vagabond AAF KFCT to staging area at Seattle KSEA 80 NMKSEA To Deadhorse AK, PASC 1561 NMPayload: 2 cargo containers at 25,000 lb eachDeadhorse PASC to Anchorage PANC 543 NMPayload: 68 stetchers for non critical medevac patientsThe KSEA to PASC will be a grind; the one bright spot is that the direct route is over land. But since this is an urgent mission, that would call for a fast, high altitude. Pilots can fly all or as many legs as they choose to, I am the only one who has to fly all of them.The final Pilot Report will be written by me and can contain ten pictures... the cream of the crop. Pilots are welcome to submit pics for consideration for inclusion as long as they meet Avsim Guidelines. (JPEG, 1024 X 768 resolution, 150 KB or less)So far I have two pilots firmly interested. The time the mission will be flown is still flexible; but I am thinking next weekend. The weekend after at the very latest. Also since this mission is on the West Coast it can be flown on FS-MP by guests. You will not have to be a member of FS-MP (like I am) to fly with me.The weather is real on FS-MP and the time is four hours behind... so us east coasters can fly in daylight till midnite... yeah.If enough people have an issue with FS-MP that are really interested in doing this flight then I will consider another server.So if you have the Captain Sim FSX C130; and you have read this far, you *must* be interested... :-)Either respond here or PM or e-mail me, I am enabled.EDIT: We could use some ATC if we get a big response...Best Regards, Donald Traill :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Late notice now but my last post disapeared somehow.Takeoff is 12 Eastern, 1600 GMT on FS-MP. This is a session in the Gamespy FF lobby.C130 pilots are welcome to join me in the air, but you must spawn at parking or be kicked automatically by the server.I will be monitoring the chat window ocasionally if you don't have a mike or have trouble with the freq. (Tune your com radio as high as it will go, that's the freq.)Best Regards, Donald T.:-wave

Due to the short notice and some confusion as to what time zone some people lived in the mission was scrubbed.It will be flown Saturday May 17th at 1600 GMT on FS-MP.If you are not a member of FS-MP, enter thru the Gamespy FF lobby... password "guest".Spawn at Cargo North parking at KSEA, if you try to spawn on a runway you will be automatically booted by the server.All pilots of the CS C130 are welcome to fly along, however please fly the USAF current Grey or the Canadian Air Force birds.So far I have a total of three people who bought the C130 to fly this mission, which is another reason I wanted to reschedule to make sure they are included. A grand total of eight people have definite interest in coming.My username is Shalomar on Gamespy too if you need help with the C130.This video shows the basics of starting the C130. (No music). I can talk you thru pressurization and deicing too.

Best Regards, Donald T. :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.