Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest fsxmissionguy

FSX Acceleration won't install!

It gets all the way to updating the Direct X and then comes up with this error messgae:An error occured during the installation of assembly.'Microsoft.FlighSimulator.SimConnect,version="1.0.0.61259.0",publicKeyToken="67c7c14424d61b5b",processorArchitecture="x86",type=win32.........I have tried a complete reinstall of the original game. No luck.What can I do to fix it?If it is something to do with region please tell me. My game is Australian and the Expansion pack is american, although I bought from an Austrlian online store, would that cause an issue?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This does not appear to be the entire error message, but it does contain a very interesting word: "assembly"Could you post the entire message, along with the EventID (from your Windows Event Log ... in Control Panel / Administrative Tools).If I had to guess, I'd say this is the result of multiple versions of the .Net framework on your workstation. Are you a developer? You might want to reinstall .Net v3 (or uninstall/reinstall it). I don't think this is a regionalization issue.See:http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost....201417&SiteID=1