Sign in to follow this  
Guest yifengho

Acceleration problem with flashing flight deck

Guest fsxmissionguy

Jim,I have no dog in the fight and certainly no expert.I just read every single post on AVSIM, and noticed a pattern, which I described for the OP with the issue. It's not difficult at all to "prove." Search the forum for display issues and look at people's signatures. Almost all of them have the nVidia 8800. I've come to the conclusion it's a crap shoot of a card.In point of fact, you state the problem in your response:"... I have two 8800GTX's and never had a problem other than the DX10 display problems everyone is having no matter what DX10 compatible card people are using."The nVidia 8800 costs DOUBLE because nVidia alleges it can display DX10. It cannot. You state so yourself in your response. That is the problem the OP has, and the reason he has it is because he is using the nVidia GeForce 8800. He was ripped off because he paid extra for DX10 and didn't get it. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone - but that's just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.I'm not trying to bash nVidia. I have their GeForce 7950 in my computer and recommend it to anyone. It claims to be able to display DX9c technology. It does so. No problem. I was not ripped off.But lots of people with the 8800 seem to have been.

Guest firehawk44

"That is the problem the OP has, and the reason he has it is because he is using the nVidia GeForce 8800. He was ripped off because he paid extra for DX10 and didn't get it." Kevin,The OP is using Windows XP, SP3 - check his signature. Therefore he didn't get ripped off and he doesn't have DX10. He cannot use DX10 Preview. He's using the old technology just like you!Sometime Google the 8800GTX and read some reviews. You'll find the card is one of the best cards currently on the market. Now if Nvidia and ATI/AMD could come up with some decent drivers for DX10 in FSX...Ciao,Jim

Guest hmstiger

I've had this problem as well, but it goes away when I am hitched to the catapult ready to hit the launch trigger. Wierd. I thought it was the triple-head to go set up I've got - but now I think it has to do with the carrier moving. Also, why on earth did MS put hand rails on the carriers? Sucks up CPU power to draw them = and they don't exist on carriers except in port (very temporary lines and poles). Didn't anyone watch Top Gun? See any handrails? Colin in Portland

Guest yifengho

>I've had this problem as well, but it goes away when I am>hitched to the catapult ready to hit the launch trigger.>Wierd. I thought it was the triple-head to go set up I've got>- but now I think it has to do with the carrier moving. Colin,Is your target frame rate set at unlimited? If so, try to lower it to 40. That works for me.Regards,John