Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JSkorna

Re-Installing FSX

I've had some problems with my computer and FSX. Dell finally agreed and a service-tech came out and installed a new mother board and RAM; I believe my RAM memory sticks supposedly totalling 4G of RAM were not matched. After reinstalling a new mother-board and memory, my FSX continues not to load, it attempts to start then gives me a fatal error message. My computer now seemingly works, except for FSX. I've tried to use the repair from the FSX disk with the same outcome, fatal error. Guess my only recourse is to reinstall FSX. I had FSX (when it was running properly) up to SP1, running DX10, and a bunch of addons, e.g., My Traffic, Active Sky/X Graphics, FSDiscover, several plane (PMDG-747 and others)and scenery addons. When reinstalling FSX, do I remove all of the addons first, then FSX, or do leave the addons and just reinstall FSX? I'm not sure what caused FSX to fail, was it my defective hardware or was it one of the addons. It (FSX) initially failed when I loaded an update to the Las Veagas Mega Scenery, but I'm not sure if that is/was the cause.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!