Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

solowingdemon

FSX: Overspeed Malfunction?

Forgive me if I have mislabeled or misplaced this question. On FSX when I fly the 737 (or really most aircraft), I always try to fly their cruising speed. In my case, the cruising speed of a 737 is 477 knots, according to all the files on FSX. Yet, anything above 355 knots or so in game gets labeled as "overspeed" and the annoying clicking sound begins. Is there something I am missing/have to do to fix this, or is this just a glitch? Any clue or pointing in the right direction would be most helpful. Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You are probably confusing True airspeed (TAS) with Indicated (IAS) speeds. TAS will change with altitude while indicated remains the same. Toss in Groundspeed (GS) and you have a lot of speeds to keep track of :-)TAS= Indicated adjusted for altitude, temp, humidityIAS= The speed you set with throttles/autopilotGS= TAS adjusted for windHope this helpsXP Pro SP2-FSX SP2AMD FX60-8800GTS-2 Gigs RAMFEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuffComputer optomized by www.fs-gs.com

*head meet desk*You know, that didn't even occur to me. That's probably what it is, sorry for the trouble, but thanks for giving me the kick I needed.