Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest richythefoxdemon

Project Taloned Tomcat.

alright. my second project. this time, not fusing two aircraft together. no. this time, i will make the F-14D Acceleration Enabled.today, i found out that the layout of the CFG of the Talon and the Hornet is far different from the Tomcat or other planes that i have. perhaps that layout is linked with the ability for carriers? if so, then i'll create a new CFG for the Tomcat using the layout from the Talon. just plug in what's from the Tomcat. now, here's what confuses me. yesterday while in testing just the tailhook and the launch assist from the talon, i noticed that as soon as the Tomcat lands, the tailhook rises. this probably has something to do with it's inability to catch the arrestor cables. is there any way i can stop the tailhook from going up? this is my only obstacle, and i'll need to get around it so i can fully test the A.C.E Tomcat. should this project be a success, i'll try to post the CFG update in the file library (i'll need to figure out to do so, first). wish me luck!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

meh. update to the thing. i've successfully been able to add the assisted takeoff. now.. still trying to get the tailhook to stay down though. i think it's something with the COP3 gauges. i'll try to do what i can to take that gauge out to see if anything else happens with the Tomcat's landing style.