Sign in to follow this  
Guest fsxmissionguy

FSX Acceleration Pack Question

Hi I recently installed FSX Acceleration and find that when I try to change views the simulator locks up and then restarts. I uninstalled and then did a clean re-install of FSX and then re-installed Acceleration but the problem is still there. I have a Dell XPS 2 laptop with 256mb nVidia graphics card and 2gb RAM. I did a search but couldn't find an answer so apologies if this has been done before. ThanksGerry

Guest fsxmissionguy

This isn't Acceleration per se ... it's most likely your video driver, so, add everything you can about your video system:1) Video card/manufacturer2) Driver/version3) Is it the latest version?

It is a GeForce Go 6800 Ultra 256mb. The driver is: nv4_dsp.dllVersion: 6.14.0010.7176I don't think I can update this driver because it is linked to the Dell Media Experience(!?). Maybe I'm wrong about this but I have never been able to find an updated driver on either the nVidia or Dell websites.

Guest fsxmissionguy

The problem is your video card. It is very old, underpowered and its drivers are no longer being updated.You will need to get a new one I'm afraid.You'll want something in the 7950 or above range ... and based on what I've read on these forums, I'd steer clear of the 8800.Cheers,