Sign in to follow this  
kiwimail

Captain Sim C-130X ACE in Vista 64

Guest tate_worm

Hi all,I have the Captain Sim C-130X, all 3 packs. I had them installed under Vista 32 and the ACE ran fine. I recently upgraded to Vista 64 and now it's no joy. I've tried compatibility fix (i.e. run under XP), run as administrator, setting attributes from read-only, etc. I've seen nothing in the CS forum regarding this. Has anyone else run into this and is there a solution? Thanks in advance!

Guest tate_worm

Never mind I just answered my own question. I ran each installer in "XP" compatibility as an administrator. Now it works. Maybe this will help someone else.

Hi. I have the same plane running under Vista 64 and have not come across any issues as yet. Just curious as to what sort of problems were you having in case anything does crop up on my system. The only thing I didn't like is how far away the aircraft looked from the spot view and it's no use zooming in closer as that only seems to blur the background terrain. Thanks

Guest Nils79

I have also no issues under Vista64. It's only important to install the latest Creative driver if you use a Creative sound card.You can use "Ctrl -" and "Ctrl +" to adjust the position of the camera without zooming.

>I have also no issues under Vista64. It's only important to>install the latest Creative driver if you use a Creative sound>card.>You can use "Ctrl -" and "Ctrl +" to adjust the position of>the camera without zooming.Thanks for that. Will give it a go. Learn something new everyday.