Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest bscott

FSX-SP2, Xp-SP3 issues... (?)

After a long spell of limited bandwidth, ie dial-up, I was finally able to upgraded to FSX-SP2 and Xp-SP3 without incident about a month ago. Also, all those large d/l add-ons I'd been curious about were now mine. That's when the trouble started... I have the deluxe version of FSX and had been very pleased with it... suddenly, my 2d and 3d cockpits were briefly "whiting out" when the mouse ran over various gauges. This occurred in all aircraft except those with few gauges... the WWI fighters and similar... what was up? a graphic issue? incompatible gauge(s)? Also I could no longer take a screen shot in FSX.. (pressing "v") "unable to capture screen at this time". Being one who just doesn't want to fix the problem but also wants to know the why's, I tried everything short of another reinstall of Xp. The screen shot thing really bothered me as I like photo editing and FSX provides some excellent photo-ops, so I searched forums and behold! I found an old thread regarding screen resolutions and if the game res varies from the pc display setting the screen shot won't work... viola! SP2 changed my game screen resolution, quick fix... should've been on my "to do list" but I never thought of it... Thank you!! While I was at it I checked on the panel issue,again thanks as I found an old thread regarding FSX Deluxe and Vista in which selecting the "cockpit tool tip" option caused the a fore mentioned whiting out effect. Although I don't have Vista, the Xp-SP3 probably contains a similar code in there somewhere. Problem resolved. This rather long winded release of exuberance serves a dual purpose... one, as a heads up tip, and secondly, are there any other glitches that anyone is aware of between SP updates? I've not found a suitable thread that addresses this... of course I probably missed one... forgive me if this is all repetitive. Thanks again for your help, and may I add, I'm new to forums and have been browsing several... I really appreciate the fact you have a higher maturity level than most. BScott

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!