Sign in to follow this  
Guest adl320

strobe/landing/lights

Has anybody figured out how to edit the strobe and navigation lights on the outside wing tips ?Original FS2002 aircraft has the proper size ratio.Anybody delve into the cfg. files and come up with a solution.Karlen

Do you mean converted FS2K aircraft in FS02? If so, you have to go into the .MDL file with a hex editor and edit them out of the code.jb

The config files are pretty much self explanitory.I'm currently creating a lighting model that's "as real as it gets" for the default 737-400, by modifying/creating new configs.What is your quesiton?Patrick

Guest adl320

Here is a question that I wanted to post related to this topic as well. One of the areas that I'm curious about involves aircraft strobe and nav lighting. I'd like to see more realism with this so that the light patterns shown by specific aircraft mimick the actual aircraft model. I understand that there is a "Lights" section to the aircraft.cfg file and that this in turn references a specific .fx file for lights. Is it possible to actually program an effect file to get this result? For example, The Airbus A320 series of aircraft have a distinctive "double-flash" wingtip strobe light. I have seen one aircraft project that has captured this but it still is not accurate...the flashes alternate between wings instead of occur at the same time on each wing.. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!! Aaron