Sign in to follow this  

Get a value for a gauge

I need to get the value of "carburetor air temperature" for a gauge, what's the equivalent FS value for this one?Thanks

I'm not sure if there exist a true equivalent with the parameters, you'll have to check the SDK and Arnes docs for this. If it don't exist, I would use ambient temperature minus a variable factor based on other engine temperatures and airspeed (if higher airspeeds make air pass through the venturi at greater speeds, don't know how such a system works, just guessing here).I don't think I've ever encountered carburetor icing in MSFS (a shame really), and such a gauge wouldn't be too important to have accurate anyway.

>I'm not sure if there exist a true equivalent with the >parameters, you'll have to check the SDK and Arnes docs for >this. If it don't exist, I would use ambient temperature >minus a variable factor based on other engine temperatures >and airspeed (if higher airspeeds make air pass through the >venturi at greater speeds, don't know how such a system >works, just guessing here). It don't exist in SDK.>I don't think I've ever encountered carburetor icing in MSFS >(a shame really), and such a gauge wouldn't be too important >to have accurate anyway. Yes, I think that it's not an importat value, but some people always ask for a gauge when it missed in a panel.

Experiment. I tried to subtract some fuel flow value from the CHT before it entered the needle (great fuel flows should help cool things down, but is missed by default, AFAIK). It wasn't very successful though, as the power achieved at different flows seems a bit 'off'. I don't have an 'accurate' air-file for the aircraft (it's way out of my league), so we have to do a shitload of experimenting. :(