Sign in to follow this  

xml Switchable Ammeter problem.

HiI'm working on an analog ammeter with a 3-pos switch, and a 'jumpy needle behaviour' during rpms, and have encountered a problem. Here is the value tag, broken into lines with comments for easier reading:(*case selector=2, scale volts to match amps linearity table*)(A:Electrical main bus voltage,volts) 4.166667 *(*case selector=1 add jumpiness to needle if rpm > 200*)(A:Electrical genalt2 bus amps,amps) (A:PROP2 RPM,RPM) 200 > if{ (P:Absolute time, seconds) 48 * sin 8 * + } (*case selector=0 add jumpiness to needle if rpm > 200*)(A:Electrical genalt1 bus amps,amps) (A:PROP1 RPM,RPM) 200 > if{ (P:Absolute time, seconds) 36 * sin 8 * + }3 (*number of items on stack*)(L:Ampmode,enum) case (*select the value based on the switch*)Now to the problem. Selector at 0 gives the correct result, selector at 1 gives a lower result, and selector at volts seems not to scale with 4.1667 at all. If I don't use the if statements on the rpms, it works just fine.What am I missing?Secondary question: Anyone know if the fuel gauge on a C421B is 'as jumpy and unusable' as the smaller relatives (C172 etc)?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Problem not solved as wanted, but I found another way.Never mind.I just used a normalized rpm value in the setup instead, and it looked good enough.