Sign in to follow this  
Guest Firestriker

export g max as X & rectangle facing the camera in FS

Hi2 Questions : how do I save or export my G max object as X format ( also to load it to the makemdl lod window ) as it been instruct in the makmdl sdkalso:how can I make a rectangle as a part of an Aircraft in G MAX and make it look ALLWAYS facing the camera in flight simulator ,,,, (like a logo showing it face anywhere you turn around the aircraft ,,,)danny

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

First question: - you need the plug ins converters that only come with FS2002 Professional. gmax alone and makemdl.exe alone do not have these converters.

>First question: - you need the plug ins converters that only >come with FS2002 Professional. gmax alone and makemdl.exe >alone do not have these converters. hifirst thanks for the quick replyI do have the pro fs2002 but I could not c any tool for export X format direct from G maxI can c only the make Mdl.exe tool,,,, what do I do wrong ? or where is the exporter plug in ?? ,,thanksdanny

That is correct it interfaces with middleman which provides mdlcommanders visual front end (if you call 3 check boxes a visual front end), you will obviously still need to install the fsmodelexp exporter(pretty much a complete X File exporter) from the fs2002 pro gamepack to make any use of it though.Chris Filehttp://thegreatptmd.tripod.com

I just wish I could export from 3d Studio Max r3 and have it compile into something usefull.